Monday, November 03, 2008

I Hope Prop 8 Passes

Prop 8 and Discrimination

I like what he says about how marriage will become meaningless if we allow it to be extended to all different sorts of relationships and situations. My fear, of course, is that to the majority of Californians, marriage is already meaningless. But marriage is not meaningless to me and although societal forces have been trying to destroy the institution of marriage and family for years, I don't think that means we should all just give up and abandon ship.

Pray for Prop 8.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Great article. We had regional conference in Arizona on Sunday. We were privileged to hear Elder Hafen, Elder Jensen, and Pres Packer speak to us via satelite. Elder Jensen and Pres Packer both spoke about Prop 8 and Prop 102. Elder Jensen said if we want to follow the brethren, we must protect marriage as a man and a woman. Pres Packer said if these propositions fail, it will be dangerous to our way of life and ultimately lead to the destruction of our society. Powerful, prophetic words. I have been praying. I think it will pass here in AZ. I am praying for the same for CA. Although, I have vowed not to watch TV today. I am just not sure I have the stomach to watch election coverage today. I guess I'll find out how everything turned out tomorrow.

CeeJ said...

:) :) :) :) :)

I was thrilled to hear prop 102 in AZ passed.

I was *shocked* to learn that prop 8 passed!! WOW!!

Awesome! :D