Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm Way Behind on Blogging

So I'm going to post a bunch of pictures from ages ago. Enjoy.


The kids on Halloween 2008. Alek is Merlin, Katie is a medieval princess (but she wouldn't wear a crown) and Charlie is a bumblebee (but he wouldn't wear the hood).


Katie loved wearing Alek's wizard hat. This picture just cracks me up.


Alek in all his Merlin glory. His dad's friend made this costume and I think it turned out awesome. Alek was super excited about it.

In November, I had to leave my family for four days, so I could go work really hard in Beverly Hills. Hard work included eating out with friends, seeing Kevin from the Backstreet Boys, and going to a rock and roll themed party where the people I work with dressed up and acted like weirdos. Doesn't that sound like hard work? Actually, they were four long days and it was a lot of work, but who wants to see pictures of or hear about any of that stuff? Boring.


The Farm at Beverly Hills. If you're ever in Beverly Hills, I highly recommend it. The food was so good and not nearly as expensive as the swanky places in town. Plus, they have awesome sweet potato fries. This is the second night in a row I ate there -- this time with Michelle, Farrah and Ayme.


At the rock and roll party. The man on the left is the big boss where I work. Doesn't he look like a serious executive? He was pulling the funniest faces in every picture. He was cracking me up.


Me with Elvis, aka Dr. Campbell, the Speaker of the House. I know I look enormous, but I'm pregnant, so let's keep that in mind.


Last, but not least, we have the pictures from the holiday party we had at work back in December. This was the official holiday party, not to be confused with our ugly sweater party, which I posted about earlier. Helping with this party was my last official act as a member of the Events Planning Committee, since I decided to resign after just one year. I loved being on the committee, but I have too much on my plate and it was an easy thing to stop doing, compared to say, being a mom of several small children.

Anyway, the holiday party's theme was "Black and White at Midnight." We celebrated New Year's this year since Christmas is off limits and coming up with generic winter themes every year can be difficult. We asked everyone to wear all black and white and like 97% of the people actually did it. It was awesome. We had a countdown and black and white party favors and a lunch of heavy appetizers and mocktinis. It was a lot of fun. We put black plastic over all the windows and then cut little holes out of it so it looked like a starry night in the room. The members of the Events Planning Committee all wore at least a little bit of red so we would stand out in case anyone had any questions. The room turned out looking awesome and so elegant, I thought. Judge for yourself.


Main entrance to the party


The Events Planning Committee


One of the tall boy tables where people could stand and eat.


One of our two lounge areas. The faux brick is covering an enormous awards case. We decided that the nightclub in NYC where our party was taking place would definitely have exposed brick on one inside wall. :)


A second room where people could get away from some of the noise was just decorated with round tables like this. Farrah had the idea to make the table look like the face of a clock. I think it turned out really cool.


Some of our partygoers all decked out in their black and white.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Love all the pictures and the update on events in your life. I miss being a part of your day to day life! Love ya!
Rachel

fuelMybrain said...

The Merlin costume ROCKS!!! He must have loved having that cool costume. Great pics on party planning, looks fun!