Monday, February 16, 2009

A Great Moment in My Life

As many of you know, raising Charlie has just proved to be significantly different than raising my other two kids. He has just not developed the same way your "typical" child does. Josh and I still are not sure what this means, but we're working on figuring it out. One of the hardest things for me is that he does not express affection like my other two have and I have sometimes wondered if he even feels a connection to me at all.

Lately, Charlie has been making some strides, however. Tonight, he did something he has never, ever done before and it brought me a great amount of joy.

On my way into our house after work, Charlie stopped what he was doing, looked up at me, got a big old grin on his face, ran toward me with arms wide open and jumped into my arms. Words cannot express how happy it made me.

4 comments:

heathermommy said...

Jess

I am so happy for you! Sorry I never called you back. I ended up going to bed at like 5:30 that night! We are doing okay. Still no job but we are okay.

I love you.

Rachel said...

That is so wonderful, Jessica! I hope he keeps making progress like that.

CeeJ said...

Aww... hugs from little kids melt my heart!! :)

It's tricky getting to know each child's personality and what each needs. Keep us posted.

Love ya!!

Jen said...

Sometimes you just don't get it, unless you live it.

I know that the title of this post is not an understatement.

And now, you do need to post again because I love your blog!!! And you need to go read my response to the comment you just left on my blog!

-Jen