Friday, March 27, 2009

Why am I So Happy Today?

Could it be because this is my last day at work for about three months? I think that could be it.

I was supposed to work through the end of next week, giving me just one week off before my due date. I didn't really want to work that long, but due to monetary concerns, I needed to limit the amount of time I was on disaibility. Well, one of my bosses made an extremely generous PTO donation earlier this week, giving me the ability to leave earlier. And since I have carpal tunnel and every day my ankles and feet swell to the size of Texas and since my back hurts and since our house is not at all ready for the baby, I am outta here! I feel a little guilty about leaving, but not that much. :)

Which is good, because I have been feeling plenty guilty about a million other things lately. I am an emotional wreck. I am hoping it's just the pregnancy and I will return to normal shortly after having the baby. We'll see.

But right now, I do not feel bad. I feel happy, happy, happy. Because I am free. And I get to spend time with my children and husband during the day. And because now I might actually be ready to bring my new baby home. And because lying on the couch and reading a book sounds delightful to me right now. Happy, happy, happy!

3 comments:

heathermommy said...

Yeah!!! That was so sweet of your boss. What book are you gonna read?? I can't wait to se Fitz!!

Jen said...

Jessie,
Stop feeling guilty! You are making me mad. You have no reason to feel guilty about anything. You are doing the best you can and I think you are amazing. Please enjoy this time you have off-you deserve it. Do you think we will have our babies on the same day? Almost there!

-Jen

Rachel said...

I am so happy, happy, happy too! Go read my post on Jen's blog about food. I wrote some of it to you. Enjoy this time off. I wish I could be there to meet Fitz when he first arrives!