Thursday, August 26, 2010

Temple Trip

Monday night, we went to the Sacramento Temple for Family Home Evening and talked about the blessing of eternal families. Charlie and Fitz both fell asleep on the car ride, so Josh hung out in the van with them while Alek, Katie and I walked around the grounds. There was a lot of wildlife out and about -- turkeys, a vulture (I think; I saw it from a distance), jackrabbits, and these:




Yes, deer. We probably saw about 5 or 6 different deer while we were there. It was pretty awesome. It seems so appropriate to me to see so many of God's majestic creations at the temple grounds. We get Canadian Geese in the winter and also see eagles and hawks there, too. I love it.

The kids love going to the temple. I was bummed the little guys fell asleep, but I got some good pictures of Alek and Katie.

Alek pointing out a dragonfly to Katie. There are two houses on the temple grounds, one of which you can see in this picture. I am assuming they're for the temple presidency? I don't know.




Alek reading the inscription on the temple to Katie.


This picture pretty much sums up Katie and Alek's relationship.

The temple grounds

1 comment:

Rachel said...

The kids look great. The temple i sbeautiful. And wow about he deer. That is so cool.