Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Which Holiday?

So my friend discovered this cool site called Bizarre American Holidays. Have a look see to find out what bizarre holiday your birthday falls on. The results are in for the Slightly Peeved Family:

SPCM: Meteor Day

SPCH: Play God Day

The Boy: Clerihew Day (I know, I know . . . cleri-what? So I looked it up on dictionary.com. Clerihew, n.: A humorous verse, usually consisting of two unmatched rhyming couplets, about a person whose name generally serves as one of the rhymes)

Peanut: Sandwich Day and Housewife's Day

Leave a comment and let me know which bizarre holiday your birthday falls on.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess-I can beat all of those: "Festival for the Souls of Dead Whales"
Now that is truly bizarre.-Jen (your sis who also reads your blog on a regular basis)

Kelly said...

This is sooo fitting for me.
PUBLIC SLEEPING DAY!
Ha!

Melzie said...

Mine are: "World Hello Day" & "False Confessions Day." I want Kelly's. :)

Papa said...

I used to have this in a hardcopy calendar, with a different bizarre holiday for every day of the year.
BTW, thanks for your comment about May the 4th. I'll relinquish my dibs to you cause it seems like you are a much more serious aficionado than me.

cmhl said...

my birthday is on peculiar people day. how appropriate!

Marcia said...

My birthday (which was Thursday) was Chip and Dip Day. Which I think rocks!

Anonymous said...

I celebrate my birthday every day! No Housework Day!

Angela said...

My bday falls on National Pecan day....which seems appropriate since I am a nut.