Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Random Thoughts

I feel like I haven't posted in forever. All four of you who check in here to see what is going on in my life must be completely devastated.

I haven't been feeling too hot so I have stayed home from work the past two days. I feel kinda bad about ditching the people there, but I have loved being home with my baby and getting some stuff done around the house.

Have I ever mentioned that pets and I just don't mix? I seriously have no intention of owning a pet in my life, much to the chagrin of my cat and dog loving husband. But right now we are at the in-laws and I simply don't get a say about these kinds of things. So we have been living with a feral cat named Max for over a year now. His hair gets everywhere and he likes to puke every now and again, but mostly he stays out of the way.

This past weekend, my mother-in-law took my sister-in-law, her kids and my little cutie boy to Salinas with her to get some stuff done around the house she inherited from her mom there. Her mom's two cats haven't had anyone to take care of them since the latest tenant moved out. My sweet MIL loves cats and feels responsible for these two. So they came home with her. Now we live with three cats -- three cats who don't get along with each other. Max and Miss Kitty were having a showdown in the hallway outside our bedroom the other night and the sudden squeals, hisses and growls that accompanied this face-off nearly scared me to death. Miss Kitty seems to think she rules this place. She goes wherever she wants -- the kitchen counter, my baby's crib, etc. She also likes to hang out on the bathmat in front of the sink. Gosh, I love peeing in front of felines. My tactic for dealing with these creatures is to view them as incentives to move out rather than major pains in my kiester.

So everyone hates me now, right, because I detest living with animals? I like animals. I just don't like living with them.

I went shopping this weekend to buy a couple of pairs of pants for work. I wasn't going to get much. Then I found a bunch of awesome items on clearance for $6, earrings that were buy one get one free, and shoes that were half off. Um, I went crazy. I was afraid my husband would freak out when he saw how much I was spending. And then I remembered who I was married to. He wasn't in the least bit concerned that I was spending way more on clothes than I should have. The fact that neither one of us is disciplined with money explains a lot about our current situation. We're working on it.

My son is going to Disneyland this weekend with his "real" dad and his dad's family for his grandma's 50th birthday. Can I tell you I am so jealous? It's painful how jealous I am. And slightly sad.

My MIL is in love with the new Pride and Prejudice movie, which is out on DVD today. She went out early this morning to pick up a copy. Isn't that cute?

The other day I was trying to tell Kelly about how my husband and I met and I realized that our story is hard to tell and convoluted. After several minutes of rambling my brain was screaming, "Shut up! Shut up now!", but my mouth and my brain have been at war since my early youth and my mouth continues to be the stronger warrior of the two. Kelly finally escaped by ducking into primary to pick up her son. Lucky girl. I wish I could get away from my ramblings that easily.

I want to add a blogroll to my site. I have no idea how to do this. Maybe one day I will spend the time searching the help section of blogger so I can figure it out.

I spent two hours playing this the other night. If my little peanut hadn't woken up I probably would have played even longer. I need help. I even played a two player game against myself. Would you classify my addiction to this game as a serious addiction? Are you scheduling an intervention as we speak?

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Oh please... I was totally into hearing your story because you endured my painful story about how Tyson and I hooked up. I would've stayed for more... but had to make sure that Simon wasn't ripping the room apart.
I am with you on the animal thing. I cannot live with them. I like animals... but don't want them in my living space. I find nothing wrong with that.
And. I hope you feel better soon.
Thanks for the birthday wishes!