Tuesday, February 07, 2006

What is Wrong with Me?

I had this epiphany at church on Sunday that my eating habits (hold the vegetables, bring on the fried foods and starch) and lack of exercise has been affecting my attitude and personality. I mean, I think if I took better care of myself maybe I wouldn't be so negative. So i determined that this was finally going to be the kick in the pants I needed to change my life.

I was doing so well yesterday until I got home from work. Then I went crazy and ate about two days' worth of calories in about a 4 hour time span.

What is wrong with me? I can't even maintain self-discipline for one day. I've got problems.

3 comments:

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Hmmm....Crazy blogger, my comment didn't show up!!!

I just wanted you to know, that you are not the only one with such discipline problems....sigh...

Rachelle said...

I have the very same affliction. After a sick baby, a gallon of ice cream was really appealing. No, I didn't eat the whole thing, but only because dh stopped me.

Chilihead2 said...

I have been there so many times I lost count, girl! I'm only going to tell you what worked for me: Weight Watchers. It may not work for you, it did for me. One of the things I learned there was that it's ok to slip and it's ok to work up to goals. You can't set a goal (like not eating anything fried) and immediately meet it. It's unrealistic to expect yourself to live that way. Cut yourself some slack. Instead of five chicken strips (and I'm talking about myself now), I ate 4 1/2. And I kept working at it.

And I defy anyone who is PMS'ing to NOT eat anything fried and/or starchy.

Nothing's wrong with you and you're not alone.

And thanks for visiting my site. ;)