Monday, August 11, 2008

The Storm Has Passed

Charlie and Josh both had a bit of trouble for a few days and Katie threw up yesterday morning, but everyone appears to be relatively healthy now.

WHEW!

It was horrible seeing Charlie in so much pain and so sad. He is such a sweet, happy baby and I just felt so frustrated that I could not make him better. But he seems to be all better.

As much as I hated to have them sick and as sad as I am that I basically have no more PTO for a while at work, I am so glad I was able to stay home and take care of my family on Wednesday. I wouldn't have wanted anyone else to do it -- not even Josh. When my children are sick, I want to be there, holding their hands and nursing them until they're all better. Being able to just hold Charlie in my arms for long stretches of time throughout the day and let him just nuzzle into my chest and find rest and comfort there was a great feeling. It's moments like that when I know that no one else on earth can take my place with my children and that they need me to be as present in their lives as possible.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I know what you mean. It just breaks my heart when my children are sick. I am so glad that barf-o-rama has moved on!

fuelMybrain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Stackler Clan said...

I totally break down when my kids are sick. William isn't much better. He usually heads for the bathroom. I seriously have to pray the entire time, or I can't make it.

I am glad that you got to be with them.

(Sam, my oldest, is with my parents for his birthday celebration, they are taking him to see The Lion King.)