Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Alek at 13.5 Years



This is my firstborn, my Alek, just 4.5 months away from his 14th birthday. He is 5'3" tall and weighs about 95 pounds. He's in the 7th grade. He loves to play video and computer games, play basketball and soccer, run, eat sweets, read, joke around, build legos and watch movies and TV. He likes girls. He is a little embarrassed by Mom and Dad in public, but he still talks to us about anything and everything, which is awesome. He is great with his younger siblings, who respond well and look up to him. He is a very bright young man, but struggles to pay attention -- in school and everywhere else. He loves science, math, history and reading, but is not a fan of writing, much to my sorrow. He is a talented singer and actor. He sings with the ward choir and sang "Angels We Have Heard on High" as a duet with me in sacrament meeting during the Christmas season. I was beaming from ear to ear the entire time, and it was truly one of my favorite experiences of all time. Alek loves to dance Gangnam Style, and doesn't get too annoyed when Katie and I get down with him. He's very handsome, as you can tell from the above. He is currently the 1st counselor in the Deacon's Quorum in our ward. He played on the school basketball team this winter, learned a lot, and is looking forward to playing again in 8th grade. Alek gets along with and enjoys people of all ages. He is a good person and I enjoy his company, even if his overabundance of energy sometimes wears me out.

2 comments:

Jen said...

he is so handsome. I love Alek. I miss him.

heathermommy said...

stop. growing. up. now.

love that kid