Thursday, May 22, 2008

Interesting (Good) Day Today

I don't know if you guys know this, but I'm on the Events Planning Committee at work and am the chair of the Summer Event Subcommittee. We're having a barbecue and concert in the park at a local ball stadium and my committee members are working on the invitation. We decided it would be fun if the invitations were made to look like CDs, complete with cover art. Since the band that is playing is a 70s band, we found pictures of 70s groups to superimpose our faces onto. My friend and her son have been doing some photoshopping and this morning she sent me one of the pictures that is going to go on the invitation. Voila.

I don't think I've ever looked better.

This afternoon, a co-worker told me she thought for the longest time that I was 21. She couldn't believe that I had three kids. She said it seemed like I took really good care of myself. I was so happy.

And then my other co-worker said, "she has a baby face."

Call me crazy, but I don't consider that a compliment.

Oh well.

I came home tonight to a totally clean house, including a cleaned off dinner table (this is miraculous, by the way) which had been set for dinner. Within minutes I discovered that I was the guest of honor at a special dinner that Josh had made and that he and Alek had also bought me a card and a couple of gifts. There was no special occasion. They did all of it just to thank me for the things I do for them. Isn't that sweet? In general, Josh is not very good at noting holidays, but he will do nice, romantic things like this completely spontaneously.

Dinner was delicious and I got great gifts. I got this to put on my desk at work and remind me of my goofy family and this just because Josh knew I wanted it. The gesture was so nice that I barely even thought about how he shouldn't have spent the money. :)

Also, Alek finally completed his Bobcat for Cub Scouts today. Hooray!! Alek really is so excited. Now I just have to help him finish his Wolf badge before his birthday in July. I think I can, I think I can.

To top off a great evening, I got to play American Idol Karaoke Revolution for a little while and I sang this song in honor of my sisters. Now I have to put it on my MP3 player.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That picture made my day! I laughed so hard. What a sweet thing that Josh and Alek did for you.

Gail Mom said...

I love that picture, too. I showed it to Isabelle and asked if she knew anyone in it and she picked you right out.

I enjoy reading your posts and seeing the pictures that you post -- I just rarely post on anyone's blog. Josh's picture is awesome!

I hope to call you tonight after Evan's kindergarten graduation!!

Love you!!