Friday, July 25, 2008

What's a Slither?

Apparently, it has a snake body and eight feet. It's as long as my dining room wall and as wide as my dining room table. The babies are small enough to get into your house through the toilet. They have, according to Alek, "adjustable thumbs." The bottoms of their feet are sticky and the only part of their bodies without scales. They have spurs on the backs of their feet, like a rooster (I had no idea those were called spurs. Alek learned this on the farm, apparently.) They are very intelligent -- almost as intelligent as apes. They live in the water and eat other sea creatures. They can come on land, too.

But don't worry, they don't eat humans.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Human eaters or not, they sound absolutely creepy and I hope I never find one in my toilet.