Friday, April 03, 2009

Coming Back to the Land of the Living

I actually am feeling pretty normal today. I am wearing pants that do not have an elastic waistband. (Although, these are still three sizes bigger than the size I was wearing when I got pregnant. Good thing I held on to some of my fat clothes.) I have a little bit more energy -- thanks to Fitz who slept very well last night and also to Josh who let me sleep in a long time this morning. I've been home alone with Charlie, Katie and Fitz most of the day and am actually surviving, managing to keep kids fed, etc. I actually feel like a real mom.

I'm still a little sore in my back, stomach, hips and thighs. Carpal tunnel and swelling have not completely gone away. But I have to admit that recovery has been pretty easy thus far. Somehow I have the good fortune to have fairly easy pregnancies, labors and recoveries. Maybe that's part of the compensation I receive for not being able to be a stay at home mom.

Fitz's jaundice seems to be clearing up. And he is already having longer periods of wakefulness. He was up for about 2.5 hours this afternoon. A lot of that time, he was content just to hang out in his car seat and look around. That was pretty nice. It meant I actually got to eat lunch.

Josh is at the airport with Alek and probably won't be home for a few more hours. I hope my energy lasts me until then. And hopefully after the kids get to bed tonight, I still have some energy left to do some very overdue cleaning while Josh tackles laundry.

A girl can dream.

4 comments:

heathermommy said...

I am glad you are doing well. I loved your post announcing Fitz's birth. Awesome.

Rachel said...

It is great to hear that you are doing well. I am glad that you are enjoying your time at home with your babies. I too LOVED the post announcing Fitz's birth. You are a writer, even if inspired by Ms. Austen. Love your guts, Jess!

Rachel said...

It is great to hear that you are doing well. I am glad that you are enjoying your time at home with your babies. I too LOVED the post announcing Fitz's birth. You are a writer, even if inspired by Ms. Austen. Love your guts, Jess!

CeeJ said...

Welcome Back! :) Thanks for keeping us up to date! I'm so excited for your little guy!! (who's adorable by the way!!)

I hope the road to full recovery continues to go smoothly.

Take care my friend!! :D