Tuesday, December 08, 2009

I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

I love the church. Sometimes I have heard people try to separate the gospel and the church, but I think that is wrong. The gospel is the Lord's gospel and the church is the Lord's church. Members of the church are imperfect, but the structure of the church is perfect and the church is a great and marvelous thing. When I watch Mormon Messages or visit temples and church sites or listen to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir or hear a young woman bear her testimony or see members sacrifice their time, energy and material goods to assist others, my heart thrills with the thought that I am a part of this work. How did I come to be so blessed?

I love, love, love the church and am so grateful to know we are led by the Savior of the world.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Me too!

Rachel said...

Amen, Jess. I just spent the most wonderful evening at our ward relief society Christmas party. It was an evening full of the Spirit. I too feel so grateful to be a member of Christ's true church. Can you imagine life without the church? I shudder to think.

Amy Sheppard said...

I love the church, too. I think it is partly because we are imperfect that I love it so much. It is comforting to associate with others who are striving to live the gospel, but not always succeeding. We are, for the most part, a group of good people who love the Lord trying to be better. It is a privilege to be a fellow-citizen with the saints.