Saturday, July 31, 2010

Alek is 11

Alek turned 11 on July 10. He was in Arizona for his birthday and celebrated there by attending his cousin, Isaac's baptism, eating and swimming and Papa's and Granana's house, driving to Pinetop to see his aunt and uncle, and getting lots of presents.

Here in California, we had to wait a whole 20 days after his birthday to celebrate with him. We got Panda Express and Chick-Fil-A for dinner. I gave Alek the slice of cheesecake my boss brought me from the Cheesecake Factory and Alek got to stay up and watch the first disc of Return of the King.

Something about Alek turning 11 has really jarred me. Maybe because that is the age when I started middle school, I don't know, but I've just realized he's not a little boy anymore. In another year he'll be getting the priesthood and joining the Young Men's program. Before I know it, girls will like him and he'll like girls and I'll have that whole headache to deal with. Alek's grandparents bought him some new clothes (which his dad picked out) and I made him do a fashion show for me. (Which he didn't really like.) The clothes are a bit trendy and he looked even more grown up in them. It made me a little sad.


 Yes, those are skinny jeans. But Alek is so skinny that even skinny jeans are too big for him.


Alek showing off his super cool belt. Apparently, this was a compromise purchase. 
Alek wanted one that had metal studs on it.



Alek telling me he loves me. If he only knew how much I loved him!

We missed Alek a lot and are glad he's home. Even though he's already throwing tantrums this morning about not getting to play video games or watch movies and having to do chores. :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

It was so fun to see Alek when he was here and on his birthday to boot. But I am glad he is back home where he belongs. And I agree he is way too old and it is very jarring.