Friday, July 23, 2010

This Nation Shall Endure

I believe I've posted this amazing talk by Ezra Taft Benson before, but if you read it last time, it's worth reading again.

Here's a quote to wet your whistle:

I am grateful for the Founding Fathers of this land and for the freedom they have vouchsafed to us. I am grateful that they recognized, as great leaders of this nation have always recognized, that the freedom which we enjoy did not originate with the Founding Fathers, that this glorious principle, this great boon of freedom and respect for the dignity of man, came as a gift from the Creator. The Founding Fathers, it is true, with superb genius welded together the safeguards of these freedoms. It was necessary, however, for them to turn to the scriptures, to religion, in order to have their great experiment make sense to them. And so our freedom is God-given. It antedates the Founding Fathers.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I tried to comment and it kicked me out-I think. I apologize if my previous comment shows up. What I was trying to say is how much I love Ezra Taft Benson. I think it would be interesting to hear his take on current conditions in our beloved America.