Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Katie's Birthday

We celebrated Katie's birthday with a party at Grandma and Grandpa's a few days after Katie turned 5. I spent several hours that morning making Katie her shark cake. It didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it, but it looked pretty good, I think. Katie absolutely LOVED it, which was the most important thing.

Katie got rain boots from Grandma and Grandpa, a Pinkalicious doll and book from Aunt Kim and Uncle Aaron, and a shark painting set from Aunt Doreen and Uncle Jon. Mom and Dad didn't give Katie her present until a couple of weeks later, which I will write about in another post.

Kate had a great birthday and was very happy about everything. One thing I love about my children is their easy joy and exuberance. It doesn't take much for them to be excited and grateful and happy. Katie's birthday was no exception.

Here are some pictures from the party. Excuse the red eye. I can't figure out how to photoshop it out of my pictures.













Katie is just about the greatest person ever created. I feel so incredibly blessed to be her mom. She is such a pistol, a total crack-up, sweet, affectionate, nurturing, bossy, sassy, stubborn, ethereal, silly, delightful -- she just rocks. Sometimes she can be a real stinker, but that's just part of her charm. I'm looking forward to seeing the woman my girl will become. But I am hoping that doesn't come too quickly and that I will have plenty of time to enjoy her as she is now.

4 comments:

Jen said...

That shark cake is awesome. Katie looks so much like you. What a pretty girl!

Rachel said...

I am excited to get to see Katie in action at the family reunion. Love the shark cake.

Member of the Justice League said...

She looks so grown up. Congrats to Katie on her birthday.

Picasa is a free program from Google with a red eye remover. Plus, other fun things like sepia and black and white and soft, fuzzy focus.

heathermommy said...

great cake! katie is sure getting big. she is so cute!!