Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Fitz is Two

So despite my protestations about not doing catch-up posts, I have to at the very least write about the birthdays so far this year.

Fitz turned two on March 29 and we had a little get together at our house to celebrate. I made a dirt cake for the party – chocolate cake, crumbled oreos, chocolate pudding all in a sand pail, dished up with a toy spade. Fitz was a big fan of the cake, mostly of making a mess with it. (Actually, everyone made a mess with it. I had chocolate cake crumbs all over my carpet when the party was over.)

Fitz and his dirt cake

Fitz gave a few half-hearted attempts to open his presents, but was mostly content to let Dad and Katie do the work and just enjoy what was inside.


Opening presents

He loves this truck and the tools that came with it

Another present the boys fight over -- Fitz's colorful 100 words book

He loved all of his presents (and still enjoys all of them now, three months later – quite an accomplishment!), but he really loved his big blue bouncy ball. So did Charlie. And Katie. Fighting ensued, mostly between Fitz and Charlie. There was a lot of fussing and crying. We decided we needed to purchase more balls for the kids to play with.

The fight-inducing bouncy ball

We had a good time, even though my tiny little house was packed to the gills with people and we were all a little warm because of it.

Fitz is a delightful little boy. I worry about him sometimes because he isn’t really talking, but he seems to me to be bright (and I know at least he is not autistic since he is developmentally on target in every other way). He’s got a great smile and is loads of fun. He loves to tackle people and be in the mix of everything that is going on. He’s determined and stubborn and happy and energetic. He makes funny faces when you try to give him food he doesn’t want to eat and gives a great shake of his head and says, “no!” It’s super cute and I will try to capture it on video before he stops doing it. Fitz loves to play outside and ride in the car and go to the store. He loves to play with light sabers. He loves the cartoon Spectacular Spiderman, which he will sit and watch with a silly grin on his face, but then say “ow” and fall down when there are fights or explosions. He is starting to try to sing and sings along to theme music, hymns, and the radio. He even sang a song of his own creation in his crib the other night.

Fitz being adorable

Recently, I’ve really enjoyed seeing Fitz’s relationship with Charlie blossom as they are starting to get along better and not fight as much. At Sam’s Club the other day, they were sitting in the front of the cart together and kept putting their heads on each other’s shoulders and babbling to each other and laughing and rubbing each other’s arms. It was totally precious.

His determined face

Fitz is just an awesome little boy. He is so cute and fun and brings so much joy to my life. I’m very fortunate to be his mom.

Cutest picture ever

2 comments:

Rachel said...

He's a doll. I can't wait to meet him. I'm no expert, but if Fitz sings and even makes up his own songs I am not sure you need to worry so much about the talking. Just my two cents. Love You!!

Member of the Justice League said...

I agree with Rachel. Singing and making up his own songs is an excellent sign and he's only two. Plus, he's a two with several older children. Panic when he's four.