Friday, April 13, 2012

Katie is 6

Katherine Anne Barker, Six-Year Old

My dear Katie turned six on Thursday, November 3. We had a birthday party for her that weekend – a pink party. Most of Josh’s family came over and Katie had a great time. Katie was so excited to turn six. She loves that she is growing up. She loves kindergarten, but is so excited to become a butterfly and fly off to 1st grade (a Waldorf thing – right now, she is a caterpillar). Katie is a sweetie, spunky, funny, full of personality. She is also developing some of those normal unlovely traits that children take on as they get older and start trying to figure out the world. She’s a good sister and loves, loves, loves Jane. She still loves sharks, superheroes and Star Wars, but also loves dress up and princesses and Pinkalicious and Fancy Nancy.

She loved her cake, although it was not my best effort

A princess dress!


Katie was so excited to get a dress up box full of clothes
and shoes  and a fairy wand

Recently, she made up a song about Tinkerbell, accompanied by my niece, Alesha. This was completely spontaneous. They recorded it and it is one of the best things I’ve ever seen. And so typically Katie. If you haven't seen it, go to my Facebook page and watch it. It was posted on March 30.

I love this girl.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I just love Katie and all her spunk. Before too long now she'll be 7!!!

Jen said...

Oh, how fun. What a pretty girl. I am so glad I still have a little girl to enjoy although her brothers are doing there best to boy-ify her....sigh

Gail Mom said...

Ilove her too. She's so cute and fun!