Friday, April 13, 2012

What You’ve Been Missing

I was reading through a journal of mine last night that spans the years of 1999-2011 – and it’s not even full yet. Almost every entry in that journal begins with me apologizing for not writing for so long. I won’t do that here. But I know everyone has been missing my wit and wisdom, so I figure it’s time to get back to blogging.

Besides my post about Fitz and autism, the last thing I wrote about on here was the birth of my Jane girl. As you might imagine with the passage of nearly 8 months’ time, Jane has changed quite a bit since she was a newborn. She is crawling, pulling herself to standing, walking along furniture, babbling. She has four teeth and drools like nobody’s business. She’s a big girl. At her six-month check-up, she was 27.5 inches long and weighed 19 lbs. 7 oz. – both in th 90th to 95th percentile.
Jane on her blessing day, December 2011
Love the face -- "Seriously, Mom?"



She is an extremely curious girl, grabbing for anything and everything that comes anywhere near her grasp. She is beautiful and sweet. She loves me. She lights up when I come in a room and crawls around the house following me, whining at me to pick her up. She loves her siblings. Alek and Katie help out with her by feeding her sometimes and grabbing supplies for me and Josh. They also play with her and keep her safe from her younger brothers who don’t always get the concepts of “soft” and “careful.” Charlie and Fitz also love sweet Janie. Charlie is full of grins around her and grabs her hands in excitement. Fitz shares toys with her and tries to get her to laugh. He gets right in her face and says “boo!” and then laughs. It’s so cute.

7 months old
Jane’s eyes haven’t settled on a color yet, I don’t think, but as you may be able to tell from the above photo, at least part of her left eye is brown – just a little pie-shaped piece at the bottom of her pupil. The rest of the eye appears sometimes to be blue and sometimes green (like her right eye). This is apparently an inherited trait because, although I have never noticed before, Josh’s mom and his brother, Jake, both have the same type of thing. Who knew?

Jane is a happy little baby, but I can already tell that she is tough and stubborn (or determined, I guess) and demands that she will not be ignored when she wants attention. She is high on my list of favorite people, along with her handsome, funny dad and four crazy (but charmingly so) siblings.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I love that last picture of Jane. So cute. I hope I get to see this sweet girl again before too long.

Jen said...

What a cutie pie. Love the baby blessing picture. That is a classic.

tylersgirl said...

welcome back. I miss you.

Gail Mom said...

The blessing picture is beautiful. Love it. And she's very cute and getting so big. Can't wait to see her again ... but guess I will have to.