Sunday, March 02, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Just winged home from beautiful (but chilly and overcast) San Diego. We had a conference and then board meeting for work down there and I was without my family for four whole days. It truly was not fun to be away with them. And I have to do it again in November!! How will I stand it?

Highlight of the weekend: A woman asked me, "So, are your pregnant?" I thought, "No, but I'm never wearing this shirt again." It pretty much destroyed any self-esteem that losing 40 pounds has helped me gain. I guess it's just further proof that I have a long way to go.

True highlights of the weekend: Coming home. Josh picking me up at the airport. Kate screeching in happiness when she saw me. Hugging and kissing all three of my beautiful children. The pistachio creme brulee we had for dessert at the board dinner last night. Talking to my boss, Angela. Seeing the San Diego temple. And did I mention coming home?

1 comment:

heathermommy said...

I want to see a pic of you in that shirt and be the judge. I'm sure the lady was just an idiot.

Jess, I'm tagging you! See the thing on my blog.