Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Spirit at Work

I swear I am going to post some family pictures soon.

First, I need to write about how I work at the best place in the world. We have so much fun here. Today, we had an ugly holiday sweater party at work. We had hot cocoa and treats and there were prizes awarded for the most creative/tackiest ensembles.

My department won best overall department spirit, my manager won the overall award (the So Jolly, It's Time 2 Party award), and I won the JeanneMarie award (JeanneMarie is a lady I work with who wears tacky holiday sweaters without any prompting. She has a good sense of humor, thankfully.) for the best use of natural assets. I realize that sounds bad, but hopefully this picture will explain it.


It was a lot of fun. So many people went all out and there were some truly hideous sweaters out there. I don't think I deserved to win at all, but it was nice to win anyway. I couldn't have done it without my friend, Farrah, who found a holiday sweatshirt for me last night without me even asking her to. She's so awesome.

Mostly, I just can't express how grateful I am to work where I do. It's hard to be away from my kids all day, but since staying home is not currently an option, I feel really blessed to work at such a wonderful place and with such amazing, generous, fun people. This past year has been especially enjoyable, and there is an off chance I might actually miss this place when I'm on maternity leave in the spring.

My department (minus one)

Group Photo

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You look so cute, Jess. And I mean that. I think you look great miss Preggers!! I am glad that you like your job. I can't think of anyone who deserves to love where she has to go every day more than you! I really hope I get to see you in person in a couple weeks. I have serious Jessica withdrawal.

fuelMybrain said...

What a fun idea, I may steal it! And yes, if you must work it is a huge blessing to love where you work! Good for you!