Saturday, December 20, 2008

Josh's Most Recent Pieces



Both inspired by World of Warcraft. Josh was recently told he needed to draw something other than blood and guts. (Of course, there is never any blood or guts in his pictures.) He explained that he drew good vs. evil. So, if all these pictures creep you out and make you worry about my husband's view on the world, they shouldn't. He may not draw puppy dogs and fields of flowers, but he still tries to show the good in the world, even if it's through a fantasy/sci fi lens.

I've always marveled at how my husband can make scary things look so beautiful. In a world where so much grotesque art is shoved down our throats, I think it's nice. To appreciate these more, you need to click on them and make them bigger. The detail in the second picture is especially outstanding.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Josh always amazes me!

CeeJ said...

He sure is talented.

Brenda said...

Wow. He really is amazing. I love those.

Anonymous said...

:D i've been waiting to see the finished piece of the first one! all of the characters have such emotion in their faces especially the leader.

I really like the effects on the burst image. The skeletons falling away is awesome! so are the colors!

-Jordyn

fuelMybrain said...

Wow! I'll have to share these with Jake, he'll love them. It amazes me to see what comes out of these artists' minds.
I remember everyone couldn't wait to have Josh sign their yearbook, he always would draw something gory with his note(and of course we loved it!!!)