Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It's a Miracle, But with a Downside

Katie has decided it's time to potty train. She suddenly hates diapers and refuses to wear them anymore. She's had a couple of accidents the past couple of days, but one was caused by lack of access to a bathroom (this one bathroom thing is already starting to be an issue). Generally, I am thrilled because, you know, it's about time. And there's one less set of diapers to buy.

The problem with all this?

She's been asking to go to Disneyland for months. I told her many times that we couldn't go to Disneyland unless she was potty trained. Last night I came home and asked her if she'd used the potty. Her response?

"Yes, and now we can go to Disneyland! And I can see Mickey Mouse. I love him!" (Side note: I wish I could write this the way Katie said it. She's so adorable.)

There is no way we're going to Disneyland any time soon or anything close to any time soon.

Uh oh.

P.S. Stay tuned for the talent show videos (I promise), pictures from the scout march last weekend, and the reveal of the big haircut.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm glad that Katie is getting potty trained. As for Disneyland, is Katie praying for it? I am convinced that is how we were able to go. Nathan prayed so hard for so long and the way was opened up for us to go.