Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sigh, Sigh

The saddest thing about living in Northern California is that I am away from my family. It is always hardest during the holidays.

The saddest thing about living in a tiny house in Northern California is that I don't have room to put up guests, so no one in my family will ever come visit me. This is why Josh and I need to make more money, so we can live in a big enough house where I can have people come stay with me. I wonder if they would come visit if we did have a bigger house.

I am terrible at making and keeping friends. Have I ever mentioned this? I think I have. And then I feel a little lonely because, although I have my best friend here (Josh), sometimes I need other friends, too. My family always did a great job of filling that hole where friends should go. But they're not here and I'm not there. So sigh, sigh, poor me. I miss my family.

Most of the time I am used to it. But I've been missing them a lot lately and it is sure to get worse as Christmas approaches.

4 comments:

tylersgirl said...

My house is 900 square feet. We had my sister in law and her entire family of 7 stay with us. All it takes is organization and planning. Invite them and if anyone want to stay I will help you. It is a random weird talent.... but we are supposed to share those.

Rachel said...

I would come stay at your house if we could afford to actually come to Northern California. I hope we can come soon. I share your feelings about making friends. I don't know how. I fear that I will be quite lonely when we move to Colorado one day. Our family is all alone tomorrow for Thanksgiving. It will be weird to be the only Geer around for the day!

Amy Sheppard said...

Ditto. I hope we can come see you soon. I have also not given up on the reunion idea. We will all be together, if it is the last thing I do. :)

fuelMybrain said...

Hey Jess, I have the opposite problem... I have a ton of friends but can't make things work with family.

I bet we could of been funny friends if we'd of had a better start or a longer amount of time. And here we are leaving the state again... I do know how hard it is being away from my mom & dad, so I can relate to your pain.

Save each month to be able to make 2 trips a year out to your family, that's what our goal is going to have to be. At least you're a car ride away from them :-).