Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Barkers' First Fake Christmas

We celebrated Christmas early this year, so Alek could celebrate with us. Below are the pictures from Christmas morning, or December 22 as it was known to the rest of the world.

Our stockings are hanging from the garland . . .
because those stocking hook things were too expensive.




Notice how sparsely decorated our tree is.
There is a simple three word reason for this:
Charlie and Fitz.





Josh received one of his Christmas presents on fake Christmas Eve.




Once again, it was a Star Wars heavy Christmas.



 

We had to get the C-3PO Christmas bobble head to match our Yoda one.
 


Katie was most excited about this $1 frying pan.



Charlie showed his usual enthusiasm for these types of celebrations.



Fitz was also thrilled.




Later, the kids all enjoyed their spoils. And I went to work.


 

 

 

Although it was pretty weird to have Christmas early, I am glad we started this tradition. This year, Alek will be with us for the holidays and we will observe Christmas on the correct days. But in 2011, we'll have another early Christmas. And I will make sure to take the day off work.

UPDATE: I forgot to mention that Fitz took his first steps on our fake Christmas morning. He's worked his way up to about four steps at a time. I expect he'll be walking everywhere within the next month or two.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I am very glad that the heavy Christmas stocking hanging things-whatever they are called-were too expensive. I recently read that they are the number one injury related Christmas decoration. Think about it- a dangling stocking within the grasp of a toddler is very tempting. Never buy those! Even if they go on sale:)

Your family is so cute. I have loved all the pictures!

Rachel said...

I think it's great you guys were able to celebrate early so Alek could be there. What a great new tradition.

Amy Sheppard said...

It looked pretty real to me. And I believe they are called stocking hangers. I agree with Jen. One of the kids pulled down one at Granny's house last year, narrowly avoiding injury. Just say "no" to stocking hangers.