Thursday, March 11, 2010

I'm A Wanderer

Actually, I'm usually a homebody. I like the idea of traveling, exploring new worlds, etc., but I don't really get the opportunity to do that very often. But strangely enough, I'm doing a lot of traveling this year. Mostly for work.

Two weeks ago, I was in Napa for the day. I didn't get to do any exploring, but I loved the drive. So pretty. And there are some amazing houses in downtown Napa. Also, the hotel where we had our work event had chairs in the lobby that reminded me of the Haunted Mansion. I tried to snap a picture with my phone, but it was too dark. Tears.

Today, I will be leaving for San Luis Obispo -- again for work. It's a 5 hour drive and I won't be coming home until Saturday. Still, there will not be any time to explore. The saddest thing to me is that I will be very, very close to Hearst Castle, but unable to visit. But it will still be fun to see a different part of the state.

In another two weeks, I'll be flying down to SoCal for a meeting in Carlsbad. I'll be staying overnight in a Four Seasons resort right off the beach. Tough gig, huh? Still -- no time to explore. I won't even have a car.

But then my mommy is coming. And because my mommy is awesome, she has agreed to come to this place with me and my crazy brood:


Because she is really, really awesome, she is helping us pay for the trip. (Otherwise, we might not be able to go.) And because I am truly a Disneyland nerd, I can barely contain my excitement. I just hope my kids like it and that no one is going to freak out at the park. (Well, I'll be freaking out, but in a good way.)

Then in May, I get to go to Disneyland again! I'm going to a convention in Anaheim and I get to go to Disneyland and maybe California Adventure in the evening when I am through with work. Hooray, hooray! Best part: my sisters, Amy and Rachel, are also going to be there, so I get to see them. Hooray, hooray, hooray, hooray!!

Then I won't travel for a while, I'm guessing. Although we may take a trip to Salinas/Monterey in the summer if my in-laws get their house done.

But then in the fall, I'll be going to Beverly Hills for work. And in my dreams (and this is a big, nearly impossible dream, people), Josh will come with me and we'll hang out in SoCal for a few days after my work is done and do an anniversary trip.

So I am getting to see a bit more of the world this year, even if it is all within California. Maybe next year, I'll actual cross the state line.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I almost wet my pants with excitement when I read about you coming to Anaheim in May. It's a done deal right? Amy and I were just saying to each other tiday that we would be so bummed if you weren't going to be able to come. I am also glad you get to go with Josh and your kiddos and Mom. (Mom rocks) But admit being there with Amy and I is going to be the highlight of your year!!

heathermommy said...

When are you making your way out to Iowa???

David in nippon said...

I have a couple of places I wanna visit in the near future with David.
Sacramento is in my list. ;D
I wish I could use magic or time machine....
Visiting you all(I mean Davie's family) is so hard from this small Asian islad! ;P

"Disneyland is the happiest place on earth"
Here in Tokyo, it is very popular too.Everybody loves it.
I hope you will have a lovely time in Anaheim. ;-)

-Chika