Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Lot of Catching Up to Do -- A Follow-Up

Let me first just say this: I am fine.

I am sorry if I scared anyone. Life, in general, is pretty good. Emotionally, it's been a very odd month for me, but life is good.

I don't know how much I want to go into about what happened the other night that had me sobbing. Really, it all started with a conversation that took place a couple of weeks ago.

Here's what I've been feeling, in a nutshell:

I miss my friend. I never miss my former husband, but I do miss my friend. Also, I feel an enormous grief for him, for what he's done to himself and to his life and how he's hurt himself and our son and his family.

I don't have any pain over what he did to me. Somehow, at some time, without me noticing it was happening until it had happened, that pain went away.

But I feel pain on his behalf. And sometimes that pain feels overwhelming.

Of course, even God feels pain,don't you think? He must, because He loves us so much and we do so much to hurt ourselves and others. It must cause Him pain. So if even God has to experience pain, I can't imagine there will ever come a time when we get to completely leave that behind us.

But, there's also joy and peace and comfort. And I have those things in my life and they come to me in various ways and means, but all those ways and means have been given to me by a loving Heavenly Father and by the atonement of Jesus Christ.

Josh came in not too long after I'd finished posting the other night. Within minutes, I felt better. And I was laughing. And all seemed right with the world. And for me, it is really.

P.S. Thanks to my sisters, for their kind, loving concern.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You are an amazingly insightful and wise woman, my sweet sister. Thanks for all that you teach me.