Monday, May 18, 2009

Charlie Update

No word from Kaiser yet about Charlie's assessment sheets. Supposedly, he said "baby brother" in Nursery yesterday, according to his nursery leaders (I guess one of them said it first). I wasn't there, so I don't know for myself that he said it. I'm a bit of a doubting Thomas about that, I guess.

However, tonight when I was putting him to bed, I asked him "where's Jesus?" and he pointed to Him in a picture we have hanging in the dining room. I asked him again when we passed by the picture we have hanging in the hallway and he pointed at Him again. That's big for Charlie. It's been a long time since he pointed at all and he never has done it much.

So maybe he's making some small leaps forward. And maybe not. Who knows? I'm just happy for every time I know for sure he understands, because he shows me he does.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Did they tell you how long it would be until you heard back? Whatever happens, it will be okay! Love your guts, Jess!

heathermommy said...

love you, Jess. Sorry i haven't been commenting. But I HAve been reading. I am just lazy.

fuelMybrain said...

What is it that he is being tested for? I haven't talked much with you about this.

How much detail will they be able to give you as far as a course of action? Sorry, too many questions.

I know that autism is tied to a strand of bacteria in the intestines and can be helped by changing the diet to avoid the allergic response in the "gut". Speech and motor skills improve when wheat and something else are removed.

He's the biggest cutie patootie! Let us know what they say... thank heavens for recent research and tools available now-a-days, these children are being offered so much help. Yay!