Friday, May 29, 2009

Tender Mercies

Charlie came to greet me at the door today and wanted me to pick him up. It was awesome.

Katie has decided she is a big girl and has been using the potty today. Unfortunately, she just sneaks off to the bathroom and does her business and then comes back into the living room buck naked from the waist down, without having washed her hands. She is really exerting her independence, so getting her to let us back into the process is going to be difficult. But at least she wants to use the potty! One less in diapers would be great -- and cheaper!

Charlie has an appointment with Alta Regional in a week and a half, which means we are on our way to figuring out a treatment plan. All of this has moved so much more quickly than I hoped.

I enjoyed reading my sister's blog and discovering that my nephew received the perfect attendance award. I am so happy for him and it filled me up to know that he was able to accomplish the goal he had set for himself.

Fitz is a sweet baby, with a calm temperament and an easy smile. We can lay him down on a blanket and he'll just chill, looking around, cooing, kicking his legs, waving his arms and smiling.

For some reason, the phrase "the tender mercies of the Lord" jumped into my mind about 20 minutes ago, when I first decided to write an update. Then for some reason, I decided to google tender mercies. And I found this. And I read it and knew I was being granted another tender mercy. I am thankful for it and for all the tender mercies I have been experiencing lately.

2 comments:

CeeJ said...

That is one of my favorite talks. And the more you ponder it, the more you realize how many tender mercies you have experienced. Pretty awesome.

Rachel said...

I love that talk and I love Elder Bednar. I feel that he is my new Elder Maxwell. I loved Elder Maxwell so much and was so sad when he died. Elder Bednar reminds me of Elder Maxwell. A tender mercy I believe. I love you so much, Jess. I know you may not always feel like you are, but you are one of the strongest people that I know. With the Lord we can do hard things. In the last couple of years, I have lived through what I used to think was impossible. We have a long, hard road ahead, but God is leading the way and we will get through this. I have felt so much of His love for me and for my children through it all. Tender mercies galore!!!